To mark the BFI‘s fantastic tribute to Gary Oldman this month, we have a wonderful prize bundle to give away to one lucky reader!
The competition bundle includes: A Blu-ray copy of Nil by Mouth – released on Blu-ray for the first time anywhere in the world; Copies of Mick Herron‘s bestselling Slough House novels, which have been adapted into a major Apple TV series called Slow Horses starring Gary Oldman. Titles include Slow Horses, the book that inspired the first Apple TV series starring Oldman as Jackson Lamb, and Dead Lions, the book that inspired the second season of the series; and a copy of the Gary Oldman BFI Southbank Poster!
Gary Oldman revealed himself as a filmmaker of uncompromising talent with Nil by Mouth, his debut and so far only directorial feature. Set on a council estate in New Cross, south-east London (the area where Oldman himself grew up), a dysfunctional family encounters domestic violence, drunkenness, drug addiction and petty crime. Featuring career-best performances from Kathy Burke (winner of Best Actress at Cannes), Ray Winstone and Charlie Creed-Miles, all superbly supported by Laila Morse and Jamie Foreman, Nil by Mouth was awarded Best British Film and Best Original Screenplay at the 1998 BAFTA awards.
This intensely powerful and emotional landmark of British film has been remastered in 4K for its 25th anniversary by the BFI National Archive and is director-approved.
***** To enter, fill out the form with ‘OLDMAN’ in the subject line, including your full name, email address, and contact number. *****
Please Note: Due to some competition entry issues from forum click-throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.
Competition closes at 23:59 on Friday 9th December 2022!
Winners will be notified by email!
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
– The competition winner(s) ONLY will be contacted – if successful – to confirm a prize win, after which time all entrant data will be deleted and no records of winners or entrants will be kept on file or stored in any form.
– 18+. UK entries only.