To celebrate the centenary of British acting legend Dirk Bogarde, Studiocanal has released a brand new 4K Restoration of Joseph Losey’s ground-breaking, BAFTA-winning classic, THE SERVANT, which has been meticulously restored as part of their Vintage Classics collection.
Written by Harold Pinter and based on a 1948 novella by Robin Maugham, the film stars Dirk Bogarde, James Fox, Sarah Miles and Wendy Craig.
To celebrate the release, we have 2 x copies of the 4K Ultra HD Collector’s Edition Blu-ray set to give away!
THE SERVANT follows sly and seductive manservant Barrett (Bogarde) as he worms his way in to the affections of foppish aristocrat Tony (Fox).
Barrett’s awe-inspiring efficiency cleverly masks his true intentions, ultimately giving way to a suspicious and insidious control where the roles of master and servant are reversed.
Cited by Bong Joon Ho as one of five films that influenced his masterpiece Parasite, THE SERVANT is considered ahead of its time for its ambitious cinematography and its exploration of class and sexual politics in 1960s Britain.
The film boasts stunning cinematography from Douglas Slocombe and a fantastic soundtrack by composer John Dankworth. It is considered by many to be one of the finest British films of the last century.
***** To enter, fill out the form with ‘BOGARDE’ in the subject line, including your full name, email address, Twitter username* and contact number. *****
Please Note: Due to some competition entry issues from forum click-throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.
*You must be following @TheArtsShelf on Twitter to be eligible to win!
Competition closes at 23:59 on Tuesday 28th September 2021!
Winners will be notified by email!
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
– The competition winner(s) ONLY will be contacted – if successful – to confirm a prize win, after which time all entrant data will be deleted and no records of winners or entrants will be kept on file or stored in any form.
– 18+. UK entries only.