THE GREAT: SEASON ONE is available to own now on DVD and Download & Keep, and to celebrate the home entertainment release, we have 1 x DVD copy of the film to give away to our readers!
Enter now for a chance to own the explosively funny and Golden Globe® nominated new series starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult.
Created and executive produced by Academy Award® and Golden Globe® nominee Tony McNamara (The Favourite), “THE GREAT” is a satirical, comedic drama — and occasionally true story — about the rise of Catherine the Great (Elle Fanning) from outsider to the longest reigning female ruler in Russia’s history.
An idealistic romantic young girl, she arrives from Prussia for an arranged marriage to the mercurial Emperor Peter (Nicholas Hoult) hoping for love and sunshine, and finds instead a dangerous, depraved, backward world that she resolves to change. All she has to do is kill her husband, beat the church, baffle the military and get the court on her side.
The 4-disc DVD set features all ten episodes, plus exclusive bonus content including interviews with the cast and creator Tony McNamara about the provocative and irreverent depiction of Catherine’s extraordinary story; behind-the-scenes tours of the lavish sets with members of the cast; a look at the opulent makeup, hair and costume designs; and an uproarious gag reel.
The Great is available on DVD and to Download & Keep now.
***** To enter, fill out the form with ‘GREAT’ in the subject line, including your full name, email address, Twitter username* and contact number. *****
Please Note: Due to some competition entry issues from forum click-throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.
*You must be following @TheArtsShelf on Twitter to be eligible to win!
Competition closes at 23:59 on Wednesday 17th March 2021!
Winners will be notified by email!
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
– The competition winner(s) ONLY will be contacted – if successful – to confirm a prize win, after which time all entrant data will be deleted and no records of winners or entrants will be kept on file or stored in any form.
– UK entries only