Second Run will release Angela Schanelec’s award-winning 2019 film, I WAS AT HOME, BUT…, on Region Free Blu-ray on 29 March 2021.
Winner of the ‘Best Director’ prize at the 2019 Berlin Film Festival, I WAS AT HOME, BUT… is a tender, profoundly moving portrait of a family living with love and loss. An exquisitely subtle and deeply affecting work, the film avoids easy exposition, trusting the audience to find connections in its elliptical narrative.
Beautifully shot, Schanelec’s elegantly radical films have a potent and mysterious power, achieving a masterful balance of quiet poetry, wry humour and raw emotion.
• Presented from a new High-Definition transfer, approved by director Angela Schanelec.
• An exclusive, newly-filmed interview with the director.
• A programme of three rare short films by the director: Lovely Yellow Colour (Schöne gelbe Farbe, 1991); Far Away (Weit entfernt, 1992); Prague, March ’92 (Prag, März 92, 1992)
• Booklet featuring a new essay on the film by critic and journalist Carmen Gray.
• Original soundtrack in 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 2.0 Stereo LPCM
• Region Free Blu-ray (A/B/C)