Eureka Entertainment will release Robert Siodmak’s influential film noir masterpiece, CRISS CROSS, presented from a new 4K restoration, for the very first time on Blu-ray in the UK as part of The Masters of Cinema Series on 22 June 2020.
Steve Thompson (Burt Lancaster) is a hardworking armoured car driver with a fatal attraction to his ex-wife Anna (Yvonne DeCarlo), who’s now married to notorious hoodlum Slim Dundee (Dan Duryea).
Unable to stay away from her, Steve has a secret tryst with Anna … only to be discovered by Dundee. To cover up their affair, Steve convinces Dundee that he only met with Anna to get Dundee’s help in robbing an upcoming payroll shipment he will be driving. The hood falls for the ruse, which triggers a series of harrowing events that ultimately lead to violence and death.
- 1080p presentation on Blu-ray, from a new 4K scan of the original nitrate negative
- Uncompressed LPCM 2.0 audio
- New audio commentary by film author Lee Gambin, and actress Rutanya Alda
- New video piece on the film by film scholar Adrian Martin
- Theatrical trailer
- A collector’s booklet featuring new writing by film historian Kat Ellinger; an essay by Adam Batty; archival writing and imagery