The truth cannot be converted in writer-director Joel Edgerton‘s powerful and thought-provoking coming-of-age drama, Boy Erased, out now on Digital and on Blu-rayTM, DVD and On Demand on 17 June 2019 courtesy of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment.
Based on the incredible true story of Garrard Conley and his compelling book Boy Erased: A Memoir, the film stars stars Lucas Hedges, Nicole Kidman, and Russell Crowe, alongside Joel Edgerton, Joe Alwyn, Xavier Dolan, Troye Sivan, Cherry Jones, and Flea.
To celebrate the release, we have 3 x Blu-ray copies of the film to give away!
This is the courageous story of Jared Eamons (Hedges), the son of a Baptist pastor in a small American town, who must overcome the fallout of being outed to his parents (Kidman and Crowe). His parents struggle with reconciling their love for their son with their beliefs. Fearing a loss of family, friends and community, Jared is pressured into attending a conversion therapy program. While there, Jared comes into conflict with its leader (Edgerton) and begins his journey to finding his own voice and accepting his true self.
***** To enter, fill out the form with ‘Erased’ in the subject line, including your full name, email and contact number. *****
Please Note: Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.
Competition closes on Friday 21st June 2019
Winners will be notified by phone/email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
– The competition winner(s) ONLY will be contacted – if successful – to confirm a prize win, after which time all entrant data will be deleted and no records of winners or entrants will be kept on file or stored in any form.