Marking the return of one of the most iconic franchises of all time, Star Trek: Discovery: Season One will now be released on Blu-ray and DVD on 19 November 2018 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution.
The four-disc collections will feature all 15 Season One episodes of the CBS All Access original series, along with a trove of compelling featurettes including over 2 hours of exclusive material.
Star Trek: Discovery follows the voyages of Starfleet on their missions to discover new worlds and new life forms. The series stars Sonequa Martin-Green, Jason Isaacs, Doug Jones, Shazad Latif, Mary Wiseman, and Anthony Rapp, along with guest stars James Frain, Rainn Wilson and Michelle Yeoh.
· DISCOVERING DISCOVERY: THE CONCEPTS AND CASTING OF STAR TREK: DISCOVERY – Interviews with producers, writers and stars of Star Trek: Discovery about casting of the debut season.
· THE STAR TREK THEME – A discussion with Executive Producer Alex Kurtzman and Composer Jeff Russo about creating the Discoverytheme and score for the show.
· CREATURE COMFORTS – A behind-the-scenes look at the makeup and prosthetics department on Star Trek: Discovery, as they both modernize
well-known Star Trek species like the Klingons, Vulcans and the Andorians, and bring to life a new species, the Kelpiens.
· DESIGNING DISCOVERY – Insight into the production design department led by Tamara Deverell as they create the planets, the world within those worlds and the starships to travel amongst them.
· CREATING SPACE – An exploration of how the VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope to create the reality of space, planets, and starships for Star Trek: Discovery.
· PROP ME UP – Led by Propmaster Mario Moreira, a voyage through the world of Discovery props, providing an inside look at the design process from inception to set.
· FEEDING FRENZY – A fascinating look at the on-set food stylist who creates a galaxy of cuisine.
· A FEMALE TOUCH – With strong female producers and writers off-screen and powerful female characters on-screen, Discovery exemplifies the groundbreaking inclusionary theme first put forth in the original series.
· DRESS FOR SUCCESS – Costume Designer Gersha Phillips and her team create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms and armor for every kind of species in the galaxy.
· STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON ONE – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in the first season by the crew of the Discovery.
In addition, both the STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: SEASON ONE Blu-ray and DVD collections will include deleted and extended scenes.