Inspired by the unnerving true events surrounding the Winchester House, Lionsgate Home Entertainment UK is thrilled to announce that WINCHESTER: THE HOUSE THAT GHOSTS BUILT starring Academy Award®-winner Helen Mirren will be available to own on Blu-ray & DVD from Monday 28th May.
To celebrate the release, we are giving away 3 x Blu-ray copies of the film.
Directed by Peter Spierig, the film stars Helen Mirren, Sarah Snook, Jason Clarke, Agus Sampson, and Finn Scicluna-O’Prey.
On an isolated stretch of land 50 miles outside of San Francisco sits the most haunted house in the world. Built by Sarah Winchester (Helen Mirren), the eccentric firearm heiress to the Winchester Repeating Arms fortune, it is a house that knows no end.
Renowned for its enormous size, its architectural curiosities, and its lack of any master building plan, the Winchester house was constructed in an incessant twenty-four hour a day, seven day a week mania for decades. It stands seven stories tall and contains hundreds of rooms with numerous oddities. To the outsider it looks like a monstrous monument to a disturbed woman’s madness. But Sarah is not building for herself, for her niece (Sarah Snook) or for the brilliant Doctor Eric Price (Jason Clarke) whom she has summoned to the house. She is building a prison, an asylum for hundreds of vengeful ghosts, and the most terrifying among them have a score to settle with the Winchesters.
To enter, fill out the form with ‘Mirren’ in the subject line, including your full name, address and contact number.
Please Note: You must be following @TheArtsShelf on Twitter to be eligible to win. Twitter username must be included in the entry form.
(Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.)
Competition closes on Friday 1st June, 2018
Winners will be notified by phone/email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via theartsshelf.com and only one entry per person is permitted.
- The closing date of the prize draw is 23:59 on Friday 1 June 2018. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process.
- The winner will receive 1 x Blu-ray copy of Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) and must confirm a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 5 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 30 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.