To celebrate the release of the newly restored Belle De Jour: 50th Anniversary Edition, out now on Blu-ray and DVD courtesy of Studiocanal, we have 3 x Blu-ray copies of Luis Buñuel’s celebrated film to give away to our loyal readers!
Séverine (Catherine Deneuve), the very reserved wife of Pierre (Jean Sorel), is prone to masochistic fantasies which reveal her sexual frustration. Driven by curiosity, she secretly pays a visit to a brothel and, unknown to her husband, soon becomes “Beauty of the Day”, the third girl in Madame Anaïs’ discreet house of ill-repute. Seemingly having found an inner peace through the satisfaction of her clients’ desires, things soon turn sour when Marcel (Michel Piccoli), a loutish regular visitor to the bordello, insists on having Séverine all to himself. Panic-stricken, Séverine quits her dangerous day job but is it too late?
To enter, fill out the following form with ‘Belle’ in the subject line, including your full name, address and contact number.
Please Note: You must be following @TheArtsShelf on Twitter and @TheArtsShelf on Facebook to be eligible to win. Twitter username must be included in the entry form.
(Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.)
Tuesday 17th October, 2017
Winners will be notified by phone/email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.