THE PROUD VALLEY was Paul Robeson’s final British feature and the one film that in his own words, he was proud of having played in.
David Goliath (Robeson), a charismatic African-American stoker, washes up in a small Welsh village where he finds work alongside the miners down the pit.
A competent singer, Goliaths roaring voice soon draws the attention of the local choir master Dick Parry (Simon Lack) and his son Emlyn (Edward Chapman), who have ambitions of winning the national choir contest.
To celebrate the release, we have 2 x Blu-ray copies of the film to give away courtesy of our friends at Studiocanal.
To enter, fill out the following form with ‘Robeson’ in the subject line, including your full name, address and contact number.
Please Note: You must be following @TheArtsShelf on Twitter and @TheArtsShelf on Facebook to be eligible to win. Twitter username must be included in the entry form.
(Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.)
Competition closes on Wednesday 5th April, 2017
Winners will be notified by phone / email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.