A Michael Balcon Production
POOL OF LONDON
A Film By Basil Dearden
Starring Bonar Colleano, Susan Shaw, Renee Asherson, Moira Lister & Earl Cameron
Out Now on Blu-ray & DVD
London’s Docklands, the 1950s: two seamen step ashore from The Dunbar and into the POOL OF LONDON.
Dan MacDonald (Bonar Colleano: Dance Hall; The Man Inside) is a self assured and impetuous ladies’ man with a sideline in petty smuggling, whilst his friend and shadow, Jamaican Johnny Lambert (Earl Cameron CBE: Sapphire; Thunderball) is rather more shy and restrained.
Before their ship again vacates the docks, Dan becomes fatefully involved in a diamond heist and ends up framed for murder and Johnny falls in love with a white girl (Susan Shaw: Train of Events; It Always Rains on Sunday).
Directed by Basil Dearden (The Blue Lamp; Dead of Night), POOL OF LONDON was the first British-made film to depict an interracial relationship in the post- Windrush years.
Renée Asherson (The Cure for Love; The Magic Box) and Moira Lister (Another Shore; The Cruel Sea) also star alongside Colleano, Shaw and Cameron CBE, seen here in his acting debut and undoubtedly one of his finest on screen performances.
• New Interview with Earl Cameron
• New Locations Featurette with Film Historian Richard Dacre
• Production Stills Gallery
To celebrate, we have 2 x Blu-ray copies of the film to give away courtesy of our friends at Studiocanal.
To enter, fill out the following form with ‘London’ in the subject line, including your full name, address and contact number.
(Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.)
Competition closes on Thursday 3rd November, 2016
Winners will be notified by phone / email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.