A BROADCASTING legend and one of the most recognisable faces on British television, Alan Whicker worked his own brand of quietly incisive journalism for over 50 years.
Courtesy of distributor Network, the entire 15 series of Whicker’s World made for ITV will be released on DVD in transmission order, including one-off specials.
The ongoing series of releases will all be featured in their original, full screen aspect ratios with brand new transfers of original film elements.
Whicker’s World 1 – Whicker (E) and Whicker’s World 2: Whicker’s New World (E) are both released on DVD on 23 May 2016, each RRP £19.99, courtesy of Network.
Whicker’s World 1 – Whicker
Subjects of his scrutiny in this volume – first broadcast in the late 1960s – include airports, the world of horse racing, hereditary peers, Le Touquet, Christmas in Equador, British ex-pats in Buenos Aires, the man who invented “cat’s eyes” and more.
Whicker’s World 2: Whicker’s New World
Subjects of his scrutiny in this volume – first broadcast in 1969 – include cryogenics, media stardom, swinging singles, wage slavery, old age and more – as well as an unforgettable encounter with Haitian dictator Papa Doc Duvalier.
A consummate interviewer with a famously affable, urbane style, his popular, award-winning documentaries continue to be a significant influence to this day.
To celebrate the release, we have 3 x Series 1 + 2 bundles to give away courtesy of our friends at Network Distributing.
To enter, fill out the following form with ‘Whicker’ in the subject line, including your full name, address and contact number.
Please Note: You must be following @TheArtsShelf on Twitter to be eligible to win. Twitter username must be included in the entry form.
(Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.)
Competition closes on Thursday 26th May, 2016
Winners will be notified by phone / email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.