A Film By John C. Irvin
Out Now on Blu-ray & DVD
It was one of the most talked about horror films of the early 1980s, thanks, in no small part, for the wealth of Hollywood royalty nearing the end of their careers starring in what was, for many of them, the first and only horror film of their working lives.
And now, for the first time in the UK, Ghost Story arrives on Blu-ray and DVD courtesy of Second Sight.
Ghost Story follows a quartet of elderly friends who while away the time in their dotage by telling each other spooky stories and creepy tales as part of their Chowder Society group.
But when one of them meets an untimely end and the rest are afflicted with troubling nightmares, it appears as if past crimes could be catching up with them…
The film, based on the acclaimed Peter Straub bestseller (rated by Stephen King as one of the finest examples of the craft of the late 20th century) stars screen legends Fred Astaire, Melvyn Douglas, Douglas Fairbanks Jr and John Houseman.
Three of the four were making their final film appearances ever, with the acclaimed horror proving to be a fitting epitaph for their talents.
The film also stars a haunting Alice Krige (Star Trek).
Audio Commentary by Director John C. Irvin
Author Peter Straub: Genesis
Actor Alice Krige on Alma and Eva
Screenwriter Lawrence D. Cohen and Producer Burt Weissbourd: Story Development
Albert Whitlock with Bill Taylor: Visual Effects
TV and Radio Spots, Photo Gallery
Pre-order Now (click image to buy):
To celebrate, we have 1 x Blu-ray copy of the film to give away courtesy of our friends at Second Sight.
To enter, fill out the following form with ‘Ghost’ in the subject line, including your full name, address and contact number.
(Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.)
Competition closes on Wednesday 30th December, 2015
Winners will be notified by phone / email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.