Hot on the heels of its BBC Two transmission, Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire – Season 1 is now available on Blu-ray and DVD on 6 November 2023 courtesy of Acorn Media International.
Prepare for a blood-soaked saga of immortality, love and revenge starring Jacob Anderson (Game of Thrones), Eric Bogosian (Succession) and Sam Reid (The Newsreader).
This contemporary adaptation breathes new life into Rice’s revolutionary gothic novel and marks the thrilling first instalment of AMC’s emerging Immortal Universe series based on her lauded The Vampire Chronicles.
To celebrate the release, we have 1 x Blu-ray copy of the set to give away!
In modern-day Dubai, vampire Louis de Pointe du Lac (Anderson) sits down with renowned journalist Daniel Molloy (Bogosian) to share the story of his life – or rather, his afterlife – which begins in the hustle and bustle of 20th-century New Orleans. There, challenged by the constraints as a queer Black man in 1900s America, Louis finds it impossible to ignore the irresistible allure of Lestat de Lioncourt’s (Reid) offer of the ultimate escape: a chance to outmanoeuvre the confines of mortality and join him as his vampire companion.
But Louis’ new powers come at a precious price and the introduction of Lestat’s latest creation – the child vampire Claudia (Bass) – propels them on a path of revenge and redemption spanning decades.
Filled with passion, blood, monsters and beauty and with its unique blend of racial dynamics, sexuality, horror and humour – Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire is truly to die for and will leave audiences thirsting for more.
***** To enter, fill out the form with ‘LESTAT‘ in the subject line, including your full name, email address, and contact number. *****
Please Note: Due to some competition entry issues from forum click-throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.
Competition closes at 23:59 on Tuesday 14th November 2023!
Winners will be notified by email!
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
– The competition winner(s) ONLY will be contacted – if successful – to confirm a prize win, after which time all entrant data will be deleted and no records of winners or entrants will be kept on file or stored in any form.
– 18+. UK entries only.