Following an acclaimed cinema release, Thomas Vinterberg’s Oscar-winning comedy drama, ANOTHER ROUND, starring Mads Mikkelsen in a BAFTA nominated performance, will be released on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital on 27th September 2021 from Studiocanal.
Co-written by Vinterberg and Tobias Lindholm, the film co-stars Thomas Bo Larsen, Magnus Millang, and Lars Ranthe.
To celebrate the release, we have 3 x Blu-ray copies of the film to give away!
ANOTHER ROUND is a darkly funny drama which unfolds from a group of weary middle-aged teachers, led by Mads Mikkelsen, who embark on an experiment to see if being in a state of slight and constant intoxication will improve their outlook on life. While results initially seem positive, the experiment quickly begins to spiral out of control with dire consequences.
There’s a theory that we should be born with a small amount of alcohol in our blood, and that modest inebriation opens our minds to the world around us, diminishing our problems and increasing our creativity. Heartened by that theory, Martin (Mads Mikkelsen) and three of his friends, all weary high school teachers, embark on an experiment to maintain a constant level of intoxication throughout the workday. If Churchill won WW2 in a heavy daze of alcohol, who knows what a few drops might do for them and their students?
Initial results are positive, and the teachers’ little project turns into a genuine academic study. Both their classes and their results continue to improve, and the group feels alive again! As the units are knocked back, some of the participants see further improvement and others start to go off the rails. It becomes increasingly clear that while alcohol may have fuelled great results in world history, some bold acts carry consequences.
***** To enter, fill out the form with ‘ROUND’ in the subject line, including your full name, email address, Twitter username* and contact number. *****
Please Note: Due to some competition entry issues from forum click-throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.
*You must be following @TheArtsShelf on Twitter to be eligible to win!
Competition closes at 23:59 on Tuesday 28th September 2021!
Winners will be notified by email!
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
– The competition winner(s) ONLY will be contacted – if successful – to confirm a prize win, after which time all entrant data will be deleted and no records of winners or entrants will be kept on file or stored in any form.
– 18+. UK entries only.