Steve McQueen‘s critically acclaimed anthology series, SMALL AXE, the first television project from the Academy Award and BAFTA-winning filmmaker, is available to own now on DVD and Digital from BBC Studios.
To celebrate the release, we have 4 x DVD copies of the set to give away!
This powerful collection of films for television is based on the real-life experiences of London’s West Indian community. Set between 1969 and 1982, these standalone stories celebrate courage and community. From a group of activists taking on a seemingly hopeless battle against police persecution, to a teenager experiencing a blues party full of dance, danger and romance, they’re a powerful reminder of how brave individuals can spark change. Small Axe delivers a message our divided world needs to hear: even the most marginalised voices can challenge the most powerful.
This DVD includes all five films: Mangrove; Lovers Rock; Red, White and Blue; Alex Wheatle; and Education, as well three bonus making-of featurettes.
***** To enter, fill out the form with ‘MANGROVE’ in the subject line, including your full name, email address, Twitter username* and contact number. *****
Please Note: Due to some competition entry issues from forum click-throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.
*You must be following @TheArtsShelf on Twitter to be eligible to win!
Competition closes at 23:59 on Friday 22nd January 2021!
Winners will be notified by email!
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
– The competition winner(s) ONLY will be contacted – if successful – to confirm a prize win, after which time all entrant data will be deleted and no records of winners or entrants will be kept on file or stored in any form.
– UK entries only