Two genre-defining British horrors from the 1970s, FRIGHT and AND SOON THE DARKNESS, are now available to own fully restored and on Blu-ray™ for the very first time courtesy of Studiocanal’s Vintage Classics Collection.
To celebrate the releases, we have 2 x Blu-ray bundles to give away featuring 1 x copy of each title.
Directed by Peter Collinson (The Italian Job, Straight on Till Morning), FRIGHT is an original British slasher film from 1971 starring Honor Blackman (Goldfinger), Susan George (Straw Dogs), Ian Bannen (The Flight of the Phoenix), George Cole and Dennis Waterman (Minder).
Pre-dating the release of Halloween by seven years, FRIGHT was the groundbreaker for the ‘terrorised babysitter’ variation of the ‘home invasion’ horror genre.
Directed by Robert Fuest (The Abominable Dr. Phibes, Wuthering Heights) AND SOON THE DARKNESS is a unique and suspenseful thriller starring Pamela Franklin (The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie) and Michelle Dotrice (The Blood on Satan’s Claw).
AND SOON THE DARKNESS cleverly confounds expectations and extracts the maximum amount of suspense, sustaining jeopardy and a sense of claustrophobia despite the story all taking place in wide open spaces in complete daylight.
***** To enter, fill out the form with ‘Fright’ in the subject line, including your full name, email and contact number. *****
Please Note: Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.
Competition closes on Friday 25th October 2019
Winners will be notified by phone/email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
– The competition winner(s) ONLY will be contacted – if successful – to confirm a prize win, after which time all entrant data will be deleted and no records of winners or entrants will be kept on file or stored in any form.